Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Top 7


Top 7: aka the MOST boring episode of the season.
 Bland show, bland songs, bland mentor, bland duets...yawn.
This has to be a ploy by the producers to bore the audience enough to NOT vote - having a fan favorite fall to the bottom, thus having the judges use the "precious golden save" - reminding us that they may be still relevent.

Out of the 7 performances this week, only 3 stand out as great and are worth talking about (and one of my favs is not one of them)
- but I guess I MUST stay professional and do my job and make YOU judge for yourself.

Singing any song released in the past 2 years proved to me that I haven't listened to the radio in a long long time. Space was wasted on this week's mentor Akon again proving this as one of the WORST weeks of the season.

Skyar - a remake of former Idol Kelly Pickler - just okay
watch it here:

Colton - this performance seemed LONG but good
watch it here:

Jessica - one of the best of the night, no one knows this song ( I have the album and never played it)
Proof that Jessica can sing the phone book and make it to the next week
watch it here:

Joshua - the newly named "Man-tasia" saved the show from being deleted. My favorite performance from this years Grammys was Runaway from Bruno Mars  - Joshua's rendition was OUTSTANDING. The first time all season I rewinded the performance for a second look. The BEST of the night.
watch it here:

Hollie - it was good - I dont think it will keep her out of the bottom 3 again
watch it here:

Phillip Phillips - Just okay this week - he will ease in to top 5 ...but BORING (shocking I know) but he is allow a few bad weeks but not this close to the finale.
watch it here:

Elise is clearly reading my blog, last week I compared her to Gaga and this week she sings Gaga.....
So of course she is one of the top 3  of the week and will not be voted off easily
watch it here:

Bottom 2 maybe Hollie and Skylar...anyone else will be saved



1 comment: