Thursday, April 5, 2012

Top 8: 80's night (and it feels alright)



Top 8
The best season in years, the best theme and of all the eleven seasons ......the best group over all. The 80s is my genre, confirmed by the fact that I knew the words to all 8 songs performed.
I would buy a mega mix with ALL of these studio versions.

Idol gave us ANOTHER great mentor with Gwen Stefani – I like her cause “she aint no Holla back girl”.

DeAndre: (I like it) Finally, DeAndre won me over. He did a GREAT job. El Debarge is gonna get PAID because D could release a cover album of all Debarge hits and sell. ..BUT he was in the bottom last week. Unless HeeJun’s fans all of the sudden like DeAndre – he (and his hair) is out.

Elis: (I want to know what love is) If Lady Gaga took off the drag she would be Elis. She’s a chart topper – this performance was as good as the original.  Not sure what the judges were complaining about (unless they already have the winner picked) Elis is ready.
Watch it here:

Phillip Phillips: (That’s all) It’s a shame he didn’t do Sussudio! PP does his thing, his way to solidify his place as this years originator. He will be Top 2 in May.
Watch it here:

Joshua: (if you know me by now) THE BEST OF THE NIGHT. The only person to take this song from Simply Red is Joshua. Great GREAT GREAT. Lutha Lutha Lutha!!!  I see a Joshua Ledet mega mix coming real soon.
Watch it here:

Jessica: (How will I know) Does she NEED to work the Whitney card? I don’t think so? She is great and this was just as good as the original. How many more Houston songs will Jessica choose before the finale?
Watch it here:

Hollie: (What a feeling) She had me at song choice. One of the first soundtracks I ever bought. A great total package – and a great tribute to the original, which I am now looking for.
Watch it here:
Colton: (Time after Time) Not a Colton fan but I HAVE to acknowledge this was one of the best remakes ever of this song (second to Patti LaBelle)
Watch it here:

Skylar: (Wind beneath my wings) I was SHOCKED she was in the bottom last week, and don’t see this song changing that. DeAndre was better this week. It was good but she may be back in danger this week.
Watch it here:





The DUETS

Joshua and Jessica – the BEST performance of the NIGHT!! Jessica sings Aretha Franklin?


Hollie and DeAndre aka “kids sing Pointer Sister”


Colton and Skylar, aka “Kids singing old peoples song”:


Phillip Phillips and Elis sing Tom Petty

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keep up the blog. I watched 4 out of the 8 performances. I also loved Joshua (as well as the judges!).

    ReplyDelete