Thursday, March 15, 2012

Top 12..umm Top 11: year u were born theme





This week was overshadowed by the faux scandal of the warrants and the lies BUT the show MUST go on …and it did.

The Idols performed songs from the years they were born. This theme ALWAYS makes me sick, 1994? That was yesterday? I feel so much older than I am by the end of this episode, hence the delayed posting to the blog…but like them the show must go on.

I like the Blackeyed peas but Wil-I-am as a mentor doesn’t impress me. Although, I do like the idea of a celebrity mentor every week.


Phillip Phillips  (Hard to handle) – Performing with the killer kidney stones a few days earlier earns him a spot to the front. He proved he is a contenda’ and continued the show must go on montra. He was good and consistant and maintains his place as one of my top 5. He is doing his songs, his way.


Jessica (Turn the beat around) – This girl is great BUT her forte is the power ballad. She brought the show – the voice, the hair and the disco pants. Jessica is showing us that she wants to win this thing and will fight for it every week. She wasn’t my favorite of the week but surely my top three. Adding a little Bootaynce to her Gloria was a plus.
Watch it here:
HeeJune (Right here waiting) – I am not sure how far he can go being funny, cause he boy brings the funny. It sounded like he was gasping for air through the whole performance – just okay for me. Asking Wil for Fergie’s number WAS hellarious. No for Idol but maybe a comedy central spot.

Watch it here:

Elise ( Let’s stay together ) – She was so close to leaving last week, I see her fighting for her spot the rest of the season.
And fight she did the slow intro, then meshing into the power second half – Great. The Angelina one leg dress – great. The Obama clip singing the same song – great.


DeAndre (Endless Love) – Yeah, they pushed this as a Mariah/Luther hit because it was on the charts the year he was born – but anyone reading THIS blog better know who is the realZ deal. .. Diana Ross and Lionel Richie.  I give him points for the song choice but EVERYBODY cant turn a known duet into a solo performance.
Watch it here:

Shannon (One sweet day) –  My underdawg pick for the season !! This girl aint scared to the songs from the power divas. Great – I would buy it.

Watch it here:

Colton (Broken hearted) – This is the wrong stage of the show to sing songs nobody knows if you want votes. Ehh!

Watch it here:

Erika (Heaven) – great song choice!! I like her.
Jermaine Jones: You’re Fired (oops wrong show)
A warrant - issued by a judge authorzing arrest and detention of an individual.  
If I had 1,2...5 warrants..would it be WISE to put my bigass on the NUMBER ONE television show IN THE WORLD? #just asking, is it me?
Back to the man purse - I was told it was highend. Ladies, does an YSL man bag go with a stiped polo and middle eastern scarf..
 Just asking, how do I get answers if I dont ask.  

I am still using a backpack given at a work conference from 2007..so I dont know about these thing.
The madness is here:

Skylar (Love sneaking up on me ) – Skylar watched the show last week when someone listened to the mentors to change the song and almost got booted. Not Skylar..she kept her choice. Skyar is so country. Just as good as last week. She will sail to the top 5 then it will get interesting.
Watch here:
Joshua (When a man loves a woman)
I should deduct points for the crawfish demo and NOT sucking the head c’mon – I know that much. Tied for my favorite of the week. He’s a PK- a preachers kid and continues to bring the church to American Idol. My download of the week - $1.25 from itunes. Taking off the jacket rivaled Jessica’s diva moment for the great tv moment of the night.
I came away deciding I need a new blue dress shirt like Joshua.Great great great…. New Lufa!!
Watch it here:

Hollie (Power of love) A+++
My favorite of the night. Seeing this little kid bring the power voice can not be denied. Give her the sash and the crown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoloQxGbCM0&feature=plcp&context=C4833611VDvjVQa1PpcFMThfP1A3g_T4H5Awd_Rt4AUBWB9UXEJao%3D


Who is going home? Elise was in the bottom last week maybe again and Maybe HeeJun (cause he aint THAT funny)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get to watch the show, so I liked how you put the youtube link so I could watch the ones you loved. I hadn't seen Jessica yet (although I had heard her Whitney song on the radio last week), so it was good to put a face to the voice. I like Erika and Hollie.

    ReplyDelete