Thursday, March 29, 2012

Top 9: Idols tribute their IDOLS


Top 9
This week the kids performed songs from their own idols. The show pulled out a pop legend to counter balance the fakeness of last week’s Puffy. This week’s mentor is Stevie Nicks – rock queen.
Colton (Everything) He called it his favorite worship song. Well, we learn something new every day. I didn’t realize there were church songs that didn’t make you clap and stomp your feet. I thought it was more of a 80s rock ballad.  He is the best rocker in years and stays true each week. I guess the tears were legit but unnecessary – he will be back.
Watch here:
Skylar (Gunpowder and lead) What a song choice! Little red said “he ain’t seen crazy yet” and singing about shooting a man in the ass. I am actually scurrred. The backstory is lil Skylar is getting backlash for promoting deer hunting in her packages LOL. I like her for staying true country. I wouldn’t buy it – but I know someone who may get me to “find” a copy. She brings it every week. She could be the next Carrie Underwood.
Watch here:
HeeJun (A song for you) Play time is OVER for HeeJun. He got a new attitude with being close to getting the boot last week, Seeing someone MUCH better than he leave before him. He finally put the jokes in the trunk and coming to (try) to win. Even tho he sounded like he was gasping for air – he hit the right notes in the right spots – Convincing me that he should be in the top 10. It was the best he sang all season….He STILL aint gonna win, cause J.lo said she loves the funny..so it may slip back real soon.
Watch here:
Hollie (Jesus take the wheel) What a mentor moment when she made Stevie Nicks cry in rehersals – that’s what mentors are supposed to do – inspire. It’s always weird when the current contestants sing a hit from a previous Idol – too soon? It wasn’t her BEST performance but good.
Watch here:
DeAndre (Sometimes I cry) Nope! D is trying to bring back the Prince falsetto and nobody can ever out prince Prince Rogers Nelson. I didn’t like it. He made my ear hurt.  He got a standing O so clearly I am out of the loop.
Watch here:
Jessica (Sweet Dreams) A Plus – Jessica is back, taking a page from Phillip's book and slowed down a dance track. Unlike DeAndre – Jessica out Beyonce’ed a Bootayance jam. Blue Ivy’s mom better snatch that back for a remix.

Watch here:
Phillip Phillips (Still Raining) I didn’t this song it but it didn’t matter – he did his thang- YET AGAIN,  giving us one of the best of the night. Stevie Nicks kept saying he reminded her of her ex back in the day – so Phillip got the legend seal of approval… end the show right now – he is gonna make some cash.
Watch here:
Joshua (Without you)  BOUGHT IT! Yep, he is this only dude to take on the Mariah version. This kid aint no joke. He brought it this week.
Listen: (no video avail)
Elis (Whole lotta love) When did she become the rocker chick? We need a Pat Benatar night for Elis to shine even further. A+

Watch here:
Group numbers:
Michael:
Madonna:
Fleetwood mac:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks DJRR! Even when I can't watch, I know I can count on you to catch me up. What do you think about HeeJun being sent packing?

    ReplyDelete