Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Top 13: Whitney/Stevie week


The top 13 celebrated the 400th episode with a dual – the boys vs the girls, performing different themes with Mary J as a mentor – they should use her every week.

 Boy: Stevie Wonder and the Girls: Whitney Houston.

Editors note: Before I even begin, the girls don’t have a chance – yes, the sympathy/tribute will be great tv but with contestants being told to NEVER bring the Whitney unless they can capture a “10” including Jennifer Lopez..it’s gonna be interesting.

Joshua (I wish) – One of my favorite Stevie songs of all time and Joshua delivered, he brought the church to Idol and gave us a show. One of my top 4 favorites to take it all.

Elise (Im your baby tonight) – Jimmy set her up, made a change and gave her a song she didn’t know, couldn’t feel and didn’t get – and she will be gone.

Jermaine (knock me off my feet) – I don’t agree with this return pick, so many others were much better but he had a story…and cried. Eeh, I wouldn’t buy it or play it again after today.

Erika (I believe in you and me) – setup part 2, Jennifer Hudson’s version played in a commercial 5 minutes earlier. Luckily, Erika changed it up a lot and did a very good job.

Colton (lately) – rocker doing soul = just aight

Shannon (I have nothing) – One of Whitney hardest songs to cover EVER. I thought she nailed it ( the judges didn’t ) I will be voting for Shannon because she got unjustly panned.  Not the best of the night but FAR from the worst.

DeAndre (Masterblaster) – he just copied Stevie’s version – but he was in tune and did a good job. Downloadable.

Skylar (Where do broken hearts) – This little country girl has some soul. I see her making the top 2 easy. Love her countrified version. She’s like a little Reba McEntire – one to watch.

HeeJun (All is fair) – Still shocked he made it THIS far, he does bring the jokes to the show – goofyass. He wasn’t bad – He aint gonna make top 5 but this was a decent performance.

Hollie (All the man I need)- One of my favorites of the night- power vocals. One of Whitney’s greatest songs and she was very good

Jeremy (Ribbon in the sky) – wildcard picks and knows he is on the chopping block. I want to pick him as my underdawg but it was a little weak especially sandwiched between the power girls. He may be in trouble and JLo wont be able to save him twice.

Jessica (I will always love you) – She thinks she won this show already, and she may have. I thought she was better last week but Jessica did a great job. Not standing ovation great, not better than Jennifer Hudson great but I liked it. One of the best of the night tho.

Phillip Phillips (Superstition) – there is only one, ORIGINAL and fresh. Very good.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica ROCKED THE HOUSE. Way better than last week (I fast-forwarded I was so bored then).

    ReplyDelete